Front lower control arm forward bushing - replaceable? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front lower control arm forward bushing - replaceable?

08EddieCA

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 & 03 X (Eddie B & XLS)
im trying to gather info so I can make a decision regarding buying new lca’s or replace the forward bushing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, you can now get all the control arm bushings seperate.... Even the cross axis ball joint which is located at the rear knuckle lower control arm (rear lower control arm with bad cross axis jt used to require $$$$ entire control arm).

I believe you are currently limited to mevotech brand (last on my list of favorites) for the front lower forward bushing.

A couple points:

-Ford control arms are $$ but the bushings last longer and paint is more durable
-Ford typically does not offer bushings seperate other than rear upper rear bushing assembly and swaybars
-When tightening suspension bushings, weight of vehicle needs to be on system, otherwise you will shred the new bushing fast. Part should have details on if this is reqd.

Thank you...!

It looks like the front forward bushing comes in a metal sleeve. I would think a ball joint tool could be used to press out the old and in with the new. I’ll have to check out that brand today.

Removal and installation of the bushings: can a ball joint press accomplish this task?

Back