Front Passenger Door

MAS Tequila

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boca Raton FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
On my 2000 Mounty the front passenger door is loose and squeaks a bit when driving.

I noticed that the other doors have a hard plastic ring or sleeve around the stud that the latch catches on, but the front pass door is missing this piece.

Anybody know what to call it and/or where to find one?

MT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rock Auto calls them "Door Lock Striker Anti-Rattle Kit." Dorman #38424 . $3.36+shipping for a set of 4.

Duane, 38424 bushings won't work for the DOOR strikers. See link above.

Ah, Yes. The link I posted is for the rear hatch strikers only. Nevermind.

I did find these in lots of 50, but it's still cheaper than buying 4 striker bolt assemblies.
http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Ford_Door_Lock_Striker_Bushing_1_2_I_D_11_16_O_D_p/a18914.htm
^ Wrong size. There are two common thread sizes for this door striker design. M10-1.5 (38445) and 7/16-14 (38448)
Metric M10-1.5 strikers are used on the 1995-01 Gen 2. #18914 bushings are designed for the SAE 7/16-14 strikers.

See post #23
door latch "striker bolt bushing kit" | Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
The bushings found all over the www and HELP sections are 11/16" OD, much too large for any of my several 90's Fords. I took a chance on a box of 50 from eBay, and they are the same oversize bushings. The HELP sections used to carry a (4) pack which did have two that fit there Fords, but not now, not even NAPA.

Someone here recently reported he replaced the OE door bushing with a scrap piece of 1/2 Pex. I think he said he sanded the outside a little to get a perfect fix. It might have been Turdle who posted this fix. I don't recall what year Expl he did this on.

Ditto, the needed size is a little different from the PEX sizes. I tried it way back then, but that member not long ago said he got some to work. I used a dial caliper to measure the PEX tubing when I looked for it at Home Depot etc.

I recently bought sic more of the one Dorman striker kit part, the only one that fits like the originals. I needed four for my new 98 truck. Rock Auto is still the best source for them.

Check out this link, Dorman sells replacement striker pins. The one in the link says it fits 91-03 Explorers. Part #DORDO51272. http://www.jcwhitney.com/1991-2003-...16937y1991-2003j1.jcwx?year=1999&filterid=g80
Also LMC truck sells them, part#-50-7780 95-01 Explorers for the front doors @ $9.95 ea. Scroll down to page #-15 item # - 13.
http://media.lmctruck.com/pdf/FEX/fexComplete.pdf
Found these both with a quick google search.

Look up Dorman 38445. That is the proper bushing which fits all of the later model Fords that still use that kind of striker bolt. It's still priced best on Rock Auto, $6.20 each plus shipping.

Back