Front Passenger seat: Manual to Power swap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Passenger seat: Manual to Power swap

Bapster

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi all,

I am planning on swapping out the front passenger manual seat track to a power seat track in my 99 explorer xlt. My question is, can I just splice into the drivers side power seat positive wire? there are no power wires under the passenger seat now, and all I found with the power and negative wires for the drivers seat was a brown wire w/blue stripe and a white wire w/blue stripe, but from what I can figure from looking on here is those are for the heated seat option? Anyways, your replies are appreciated as always, thanks guys :)

B

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might pop a fuse if both seats are drawing power at the same time, but it should work. Are you installing heated seats?

You might pop a fuse if both seats are drawing power at the same time, but it should work. Are you installing heated seats?

No, not heated seats, just the normal power seats, I picked up the seat track from a local wrecker as I wanted to keep my original seat if possible...for now ;)
But I wanted to check with you guys about getting the power supply for that seat from as there are no hidden wires or harness's under the carpet on the passenger side front seat.

I just want to confirm that the seats will bolt to either power seat track or manual tracks?

I want to get a manual track for my 98 sport with a worn out power track.

Thanks
Dean

I just want to confirm that the seats will bolt to either power seat track or manual tracks?

I want to get a manual track for my 98 sport with a worn out power track.

Thanks
Dean

yes, the seats will bolt to either one. I took the manual track off of my passenger seat and bolted on the power track with no issues :)

Back