Wanted - Front Passenger seat motor for 2002 Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Front Passenger seat motor for 2002 Eddie Bauer

Parts or services wanted

eddiebaueredition

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002, Explorer, Eddie Bau
Hello Forum members,

We have been searching for a replacement seat motor for our passenger side in our 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition since 2021. The car wash place moved our passenger side seat to the end of the track towards the front where it decided to die permanently. Had this happened when they moved it back, we really wouldn't care. But since it died after moving it forward, no one can sit in the seat. Our driver's side motor died in 2018 and our regular local automotive shop easily found a replacement at a salvage yard and had it operational within a week. Since covid, they say they can't locate another one and we've pushed on them now for 2 years. Are we to believe that all motors vanished from this planet when the world got shut down? Ok, sorry for being snarky but this is ridiculous. I'm hopeful a few of you out here are still reading posts as it seems like most posts are also 2+ years old. Does anyone have a line or idea of where we can source another seat motor since our automotive place has told us it's on us to find it, they'll install it. And please don't ask me to search for this in the forums....I did and everything I'm reading is old. I appreciate anyone's direction and support. Thanks! Gina

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Gina. :wave:
Not too surprising that a lot of the things you are finding are old. You're looking for a part for a 20+ year-old vehicle.
Have you tried contacting a used auto parts place/recycler and telling them what you are looking for? They usually have a nationwide network for finding such items. Good luck.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Gina. :wave:
Not too surprising that a lot of the things you are finding are old. You're looking for a part for a 20+ year-old vehicle.
Have you tried contacting a used auto parts place/recycler and telling them what you are looking for? They usually have a nationwide network for finding such items. Good luck.

Peter
I'm aware of the age of the part and the challenge it brings. We've been scouring the internet and calling everywhere for a year. I'm hopeful someone out here may have a site or specific suggestion for locating one.

I'm aware of the age of the part and the challenge it brings. We've been scouring the internet and calling everywhere for a year. I'm hopeful someone out here may have a site or specific suggestion for locating one.
Did you contact one of the recycling outfits to have them do a national search? Have you confirmed that the issue is the motor and that the seat just isn't stuck in that position for some reason? Are other motorized functions working? Have you tried removing the seat?

Peter

There are about 10 gen iii explorers at the junkyard I frequent I am sure I can find your power motor
I suggest checking with a local wrecker or junk yard should not be a difficult part to find as they’re are tons of 2002 in the yard

There are about 10 gen iii explorers at the junkyard I frequent I am sure I can find your power motor
I suggest checking with a local wrecker or junk yard should not be a difficult part to find as they’re are tons of 2002 in the yard
We've used 3 automotive repair places in Phoenix since it died. All 3 state their junk yards can't locate them. I'm not convinced they disappeared entirely, but there's no money in it for them so they now ignore us. The first place replaced the motor on the drivers side and knows exactly the issue with the passenger. It's a repeat issue, a new motor that is forward and backward is what's needed. If there's anyone out here open to pointing me to a number or website, I'll do the work. This isn't my Forte and am grateful for help one may provide.

Back