• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Front Plate

COscooter

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado! It's all downhill from here....
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
2016 sport

Is it me or is the front license plate bracket not the right size? Mine is a finger wide on each side and a finger short on the bottom with the plate mounted. Functionally it works, but its not right.

I went back to the dealer and the platinum they had on the floor was the same - wtf Ford? All the efforts the convicts put out making them all the same and you can't get it right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
:ttiwwp:

chartquist

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Just picked up my new 2016 Sport today and I can't wait to get that front license plate bracket off! Agree it's really big. Bummed there will be holes but I think I'll get those colored plugs.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Nasty

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
I bought the bumper plugs and was waiting for the clear bra to be put on it to install them but honestly I think I might just keep the empty holes. On black it's probably going to be more noticeable having goosebumps on the front bumper vs just an empty black on black hole. Obviously this would only work well on black in my opinion.

chartquist

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Has anyone ordered the bumper plugs in Ruby Red? Wondering how good the match is...

cwescapexlt4x4

Explorin' the Desert SW
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Litchfield Park, AZ area...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer LTD (FWD)
On the backside of the plate mount (before I tossed it into the recycle bin) you will notice text with information for multiple countries so it more of a "One size fits many" - smart business decision.