• Register Today It's free!

Front receiver/tow point install

EK98

Reaction score
City, State
Keizer, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4x4
Well I finally got my front receiver, and installed it last week. I'd been wanting one to use for a front tow point. I chose the receiver over tow hooks because I didn't want to cut the bumper much, and in the future I can add a winch if I ever decide to get one.

As luck would have it it fits perfectly! I didn't have to trim one bit. I didn't get any pics of the installation, but basically I just took the bumper off, had to drill two holes in the frame, and bolt it right on.

As you can see it fits perfectly between the opening on the bumper, and if I ever need to use it I'll just pop the license plate off.

B214E346-orig.jpg

02270B76-orig.jpg

08A9A9A4-orig.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What brand and where did you buy it?

looks great, any picks of where its bolted to the frame? i plan to do this in the summer

I don't have any pics, but it bolts into the same holes that that black plastic radiator cover goes. I just got rid of mine. The holes closer to the front of the frame bolt right on, while the holes further back require drilling to enlarge them.

Just in time. Looking at picking one of these up.. Install sounds super easy also.

I don't have any pics, but it bolts into the same holes that that black plastic radiator cover goes. I just got rid of mine. The holes closer to the front of the frame bolt right on, while the holes further back require drilling to enlarge them.

sounds pretty straight forward and my plastic is already removed as a result of my first major off road trip :rolleyes:

nice i wonder if that would still work with a grill and brush guard as well

Back