Front right Axle Assembly part # for 2011 explorer base model | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front right Axle Assembly part # for 2011 explorer base model

hpad06

Reaction score
City, State
Vaughan, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Base FWD
I have noise and vibration from front of my 2011 explorer base FWD model, after inspection, my mechanic told me to get front right CV Half Shaft Assembly as he could not order aftermarket part and it's already late on Saturday afternoon.

Since this is Canadian vehicle, I can not search parts using vin on parts.ford.com. So I checked tascaparts.com and eastgatefordpartscanada.ca, both show # BB5Z-3B436-J (EXPLORER; RIGHT; FWD; 3.5L; W/ TRAILER TOWING PKG.; TO 1/ 27/ 14). However it appears this part is discontinued, I cannot order from above websites.

on rockauto, however it gives a different part number FB5Z3B436B
MOTORCRAFT TX853 {#FB5Z3B436B, TX775} Front Right; FWD; w/ Class III Trailer Towing

I cannot locate FB5Z3B436B on parts.ford.com or tascaparts.com/eastgatefordpartscanada.ca

fordpartsgiant.com seem to sell BB5Z-3B436-J, but it says not fit 2011 ford explorer. the price is quite high as well.

I am wondering should I order FB5Z3B436B

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check your local dealership, as the price isn't overly expensive.

Dealership gave me tx853 , so rockauto has the correct part #, dealer asks 315+ tax, so I ended up buying from rockauto, saved 100

Thanks

Dealership gave me tx853 , so rockauto has the correct part #, dealer asks 315+ tax, so I ended up buying from rockauto, saved 100

Thanks
Is that the same part as linked in my post above? ($150)

Peter

The package I received from rockauto has TX-853 (FB5Z-3b436-F) on the outside, but inside on the part, it is FB53-3B436-HC. Turns out this does not fit my explorer. The width between the 2 mounting holes are much wider than the old one. Is it because someone put the wrong part into the box ? FB5Z-3b436-F vs FB53-3B436-HC, or maybe TX-853 is not correct ? Or do I need to change more part ?

There is a similar post on the forum, but not sure what is the result at the end
Help. Replaced right CV axle and side mount won't bolt up.

IMG_0389_small.jpg

IMG_0388_small.jpg

The 'HC" number does not come up on the AutoNation site. It does, however, on the Fordparts.com site as TX853 (3B436) $248.58

Peter

I went to a different dealership, was told the mount (DB5Z-3K305-B) needs to be replaced also, so I ordered all the parts I can find on the diagram below which was printed off the dealership's computer

mounting bracket - 3k305
screws - HB1 X2
HM1X1
HN2X1
HN1X1
7H001 X1

The parts guy told me that is everything, and some parts(HN2 and 7H001) are on backorder, so will take a while to get in.

However compare with old part ( 2nd picture), don't I need another 2 bolts and screws to put the axle on the mount? The diagram only listed 1 ( HM1 and HN2), or maybe on the new explorer ( >2017) only has 1 set of bolt ? Anyone have a picture ?

IMG_0398.JPG
mounting hole.PNG

Finally got it done.

Attached is the correct diagram, the earlier diagram was incorrect.

The heat guard is no longer required.

The axle assembly I got from rockauto was correct, I just need the new mount bracket

IMG_0455.JPG

Cold you post which part you actually ordered on rockauto?

assembly from rockauto:
TX-853 (FB5Z-3b436-F)

mount from dealership:
DB5Z-3K305-B

bolt
W500131-S437 X1
W503317-S439 X1

HM1/HN2 X2 from the last diagram ( sorry can't find receipt anymore)

There can be differences between the actual Ford service parts and the aftermarket Motorcraft branded stuff. GM and AC Delco do the same thing and Delco even has several quality levels of parts from OE to import. Pay attention to new vs reman for some items as well.

the motorcraft part I received from rockauto says "FoMoCo", see my picture above, and dealership gave me the same part number TX853, so I think it's the same as Ford part in this case.

Hello, I experienced the same issue. Ordered from ebay part BB5Z-3B436-Y and got BB5Z-3B436-FJ, which did not fit. Since my only issue is ripped boots, I was wondering if I can buy 8A8Z3A331A BRAND NEW OEM FRONT AXLE CV JOINT BOOT KIT FORD EXPLORER; and this would do trick; way cheaper than buying the whole axle assembly and having it shipped to El Salvador. Thank you.

I bought the boot kit but you need both inner and outer for me it was not possible to remove the outer joint alone. Before I got it disassembled the inner joint popped out.

Right now I cannot check your part number if it fits.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you Peter. Great price, I was not able to verify in the site if it will fit my Explorer 2013 FWD. I am trying to save some money by not buying the whole axle assembly and buying only the inner and outer boot kit.

Back