front ring and pinion. Can't find 'em | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

front ring and pinion. Can't find 'em

tweakedlogic

Reaction score
City, State
memphis, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I did search. I even went to 4wheelparts.com. I can't find 4.10 or 4.54 front gears for my X. I only want to run 33s so I was thinking 4.10. That and i have a set of 4.10 gears for the rear already. but no one seems to sell them. I even tried searching by diff type. We do have a reverse gear D35 right?
Where can I buy some gears?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got them..send me a PM.

Thanks guys. If ericautopart doesn't reply to my PM, I have found the ones I want thanks to your help.

I also found out that E Lockers are more expensive than I thought. I guess I won't be getting two

About the gear ratio. I'm sure it's been beaten to death, but while i have you...

How bad is the 4.10 with 33s? I ask because I was going to run 31" street tires when I'm not wheel'in. So I was thinking that the 4.10 would be decent for both. there is not 4.34 is there?

How bad is the 4.10 with 33s? I ask because I was going to run 31" street tires when I'm not wheel'in. So I was thinking that the 4.10 would be decent for both. there is not 4.34 is there?

Yeah it's been beaten to death :p: but if you will do any wheeling at all, go with 4.56, and especially go with 4.56 since you'll be running larger tires when you do.

I guess the first thing you need to do is HONESTLY decide how much wheeling and what kind you are going to do. If you are actually going to wheel this thing (Not just muddy side roads and puddles) then you are going to WANT 33's. Is this your daily driver? If so, find a streetable set of 33's. Are you going to run it more with the 31's?

If you're really not gonna wheel, then don't bother with the 4.56 gear change. It's expensive and complex. If you really want to have power to the ground, you have to gear for your tires. And to gear for 33's and not get LESS POWER THAN STOCK... you gotta go 4.56.

I love 4:56's glad I did it :) (33 bfg Mud Terrains)

Very helpful as usual.
this truck will see moderate wheeling. Mostly trails to lakes, creeks, rivers or campsites. A couple of guys I know do some group runs. I may tag along a couple of times after i learn my rig. I wouldn't say this is a daily driver because i have a fun little car, my wife's car, and two motorcycles. But when it's in the city, it will have 31s or maybe even 30s.

I will roll with the 4.56 gears. I don't want to have to use 4low the whole time.
Thanks again. I'll keep you guys updated on my build. It's nothing fancy, but I pride myself on doing things the right way. I don't like breaking things or getting stranded.
If I can stop these 6 day work weeks for a while, things will move much faster.

Anyone know of any for a 06 4.0?

Back