Front seat movement when using keypad to unlock | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front seat movement when using keypad to unlock

Am_Dew

Reaction score
City, State
Somehere in Northern CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Limited
2017 Limited V6

Whenever I use the outside keypad to unlock, the front seat moves all the way forward, which seems really odd and is very inconvenient. There is no setting that I can find that would control this. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2017 Limited V6

Whenever I use the outside keypad to unlock, the front seat moves all the way forward, which seems really odd and is very inconvenient. There is no setting that I can find that would control this. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

In your manual it talks about the easy enter/exit feature . Try disabling that. You can also try reprogramming memory seat position as well as your fobs to your memory seat and see if that does the trick.

Thank you. I have already tried disabling the easy enter/exit feature and that did not work. I will check out programming the FOB to the seat memory...I did not realize the keypad would have any relationship to seat memory settings.

Problem solved! I apparently had set my personal keypad entry code (code 1) when the seat position for seat memory 1 setting was all the way forward. I re-programmed seat memory 1 to be the same as memory 3 (my personal seat memory setting) and that resolved it.

Well done, that was about what I was going to suggest, the memory function is tired to the unlocking. My 98 goes to my 2nd memory position with the key fob button. I've never encountered that before, it's supposed to go to the 1st memory position on the early models.

Back