• Register Today It's free!

Front strut questions?

Marine430

Reaction score
City, State
KISSIMMEE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 explore sport trac
I am looking to have my front struts replaced on my 2010 ford explore sport trac.
Question 1. If I replace the struts should I replace the coil springs as well. I am pretty sure they are fine.
Question 2. If I replace the the coil springs I was going to go with Moog coil springs and Gabriel struts if this is an option. I couldn't find any information if I can use different brand coil springs with different brand struts. I could get both struts and coil spring for $180. Or I could get both struts and use stock coil springs and it would cost me $70
Question 3 would I be better off just using the Monroe Quick struts and are they any good? I've read not so great reviews on them. The cost for these is around $270
Last question is there a naked strut option so I don't have to use coil springs?

I am looking to have my front struts replaced on my 2010 ford explore sport trac.
Question 1. If I replace the struts should I replace the coil springs as well. I am pretty sure they are fine.
Question 2. If I replace the the coil springs I was going to go with Moog coil springs and Gabriel struts if this is an option. I couldn't find any information if I can use different brand coil springs with different brand struts. I could get both struts and coil spring for $180. Or I could get both struts and use stock coil springs and it would cost me $70
Question 3 would I be better off just using the Monroe Quick struts and are they any good? I've read not so great reviews on them. The cost for these is around $270
Last question is there a naked strut option so I don't have to use coil springs?

What did you do on the struts? You can replace the shock only though the mechanic will require removing the shock from the strut by decompressing the spring is mantle etc.. thus more time and labor. Replacing the entire assemble might be the best option.

DO NOT USE MONROE QUICK STRUTS!!!!! They are made like crap. They are made in China.

Back