FOUND, FIXED AND HAPPY
- Front end clunks while going down rough pothole filled road.
- Clunks only when the front wheel moves independently of each other
- DOES NOT clunk when going over speed bumps or when both wheels travel together
- Feel a vibration in the floor board when going down rough road from the clunk
- Clunk is almost unnoticeable when the roads are wet.
- Replaced the swaybar bushings. The ones that attach the swaybar to the frame of the truck.
The bushings had about a 1/4" play around the swaybar which when going over bumps would allow the bar to move around in the bushing causing the clunking sound and vibrations. I paid $15 a piece from Ford for the replacement bushings, which is a lot less then the $100 deductible for the extended warranty. On top of the noise and vibrations being completely gone the handling has also improved. There is considerably less body roll and the front end just feels tighter.
Thanks again for all your help gentlemen.