• Register Today It's free!

Front suspension issues

Memphisbird

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello, I’ve got a 99 Ford explore XLT with less than 100,000 miles. Very well taken care of. Decided it was time to upgrade front suspension. Did show with KYB front and rear shocks. My local Firestone dealer did the install. Upon picking up Took the car for initial

drive and holy buckets! First bump in the road I’ve shake and complete uncontrol until I’m coming to a complete stop. Then we start all over again upon first bump. What could they have overlooked?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Was the shake in the steering wheel? Perhaps they turned the wheel with the truck off? That introduces air into the system and can make the steering wheel shake.

I’m not smart on the KYB shocks, but no disassembly of anything but the old shocks is required with an OEM-style replacement.

We don't need to fix this, they charge a premium and have to make it right. It's what you paid for. However if you were looking for a smooth ride instead of control, then it might not have been the best choice. More details needed.

Was the shake in the steering wheel? Perhaps they turned the wheel with the truck off? That introduces air into the system and can make the steering wheel shake.

I’m not smart on the KYB shocks, but no disassembly of anything but the old shocks is required with an OEM-style replace

We don't need to fix this, they charge a premium and have to make it right. It's what you paid for. However if you were looking for a smooth ride instead of control, then it might not have been the best choice. More details needed.

This. ^^^
The shop you took it to needs to fix it.
I put KYBs on mine recently, no issues whatsoever.

Back