• Register Today It's free!

Front suspension questions...

Lafferty

Reaction score
City, State
Rhode Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Explorer
I own a 1993 Ford Exploder with a four inch rough country suspension lift on it. I am currently running 33 inch super swampers. Well, the low down is that the wheels will either toe in or toe out when I park it in the dirt driveway. I am looking for someone who can give me a lowdown on front suspension setups. I only know about shocks, coils(springs) and the sway bar that my tires hit if I turn the wheel all the way in either direction. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey man, check out my useful TTB thread in my sig line. There is a section on alignment. It's also a sticky in this forum.

Have you checked your wheel bearings recently ?

Wood, thank you. That list was very helpful. As I am new at dealing with this type of front suspension. I do believe that I need a dropped pitman arm but I will look at it later this week.
Bruce, I believe my wheel bearings are fine but I do have to check them. Currently I am focusing on getting my truck to pass inspection so that I can register it. My registration is currently suspended pending an inspection to say it is highway safe. It was WIA after a 15 foot jump..... Poor thing has been sitting for 6 months now.

I dare to say it could use a good old fashion alignment. I know when a buddy of mine lifted his rig it would be toe in or out depending on whether he was rolling forward or backward after he parked it. A toe alignment solved that, however, camber is a whole other monster...

Back