Front tires toed out way to much

Flashflood

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer 94 xlt
This is about my previous explorer not current. Okay so when I got rid of my explorer my front tires were newer not brand new but enough to get by. I tried align the old tires and no luck. So when I got the newer back tires on the front and fixed the alignment I was happy. Except then 2 weeks later my steering started pulling to the right again I just replaced almost everything on the front suspension, except passenger side toe adjuster and toe end. Any ideas?

This is about my previous explorer not current. Okay so when I got rid of my explorer my front tires were newer not brand new but enough to get by. I tried align the old tires and no luck. So when I got the newer back tires on the front and fixed the alignment I was happy. Except then 2 weeks later my steering started pulling to the right again I just replaced almost everything on the front suspension, except passenger side toe adjuster and toe end. Any ideas?
Failure to "track" straight ahead is invariably caused by UNEQUAL CASTER from one side to the other. Importance of equal caster is emphasized by the "fine adjustment" Ford provided in the 2nd. gens with the adjustable upper control arm on the passenger side. Once caster is equalized, camber and then toe-in are set. Toe in finalizes the ability to track straight by causing each wheel to "plow" towards the center of the vehicle direction.,

It should be mentioned that many front wheel drive vehicles are set with TOE-OUT. The forces on the front suspension caused by the wheels pulling the car forward deform the suspension ever so slightly, causing the wheels to "pull inwards", thus bringing about zero toe or a bit of toe-in; the wheels are again toed-out when the vehicle stops moving.

Back