• Register Today It's free!

Front Wheel Camber. Help?

hkrambo

Reaction score
City, State
east georgia, south central kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer 4.0 4wd
Put 31 10.5 on my 96 ex sport this week at the auto shop. It was interesting learning how to mount and balance my own tires. However I was looking at the wear pattern on my stock tires and the inside was worn to nothing. The alignment is alittle out I know that. I did notice though that the camber is off the top of the wheel leans in. So does anyone know how to or if its possible to adjust the wheel camber or will it be the replacement of parts? I'm already having the replace the steering rack due to blown seals on both sides, steming from a off-road incident last weekend.

You need to take it to an alignment shop. How are the ball joints? They're often the cause of tire wear. And the bigger tires will wear them quicker.

Going to take it to the alignment shop after I replace the steering rack and outer tie rod ends. Ball joints have def seen better days. Will go ahead and replace ball joints when i do the other work. So there is no adjustment i'm assuming?

You can buy an adjustable camber bolt kit, but no kit is going to over come worn out parts. If your ball joints, tierod ends, etc. are worn, they need to be fixed first. Also, keep in mind that excessive toe out will also wear the inside of the tires, along with excessive negative camber issues.

Back