Frontend isn't finished yet but here's the new wheels/ tires mounted. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Frontend isn't finished yet but here's the new wheels/ tires mounted.

MidnightRebel07

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
I've had these wheels/ tires for over a month now and getting antsy to mount them but I wanted to install the new balljoints, axle shaft seals, front diff pinion seal and get an alignment first.

I've been waiting to get into my buddy's garage but he's been extremely busy (8a.m.-10/12p.m.) yep he's been busy.

Now that I bought my wife a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer V8 AWD I have the Sport Trac full time so I can park it and work on it.

I installed the new lower ball joints on both sides, axle shaft seals, just waiting for the right side upper control arm to finish up. I had a new two piece UCA but I broke (Pa. rust) the adjuster bolt on the upper piece so I'll just use the new lower piece on the Mountaineer and I ordered a new one piece UCA.

Anyway, I couldn't wait any longer so I mounted the rears today and here's some teaser pic's. What do ya'll think?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look so small on there but they're 33x12.50x15's on 15x8 with 4" b.s.. I can't wait to do my SAS, SOA and get rid of the IFS setup!!!!!

Oh yeah, if you noticed the wheels on the Mounty sticking out further then normal that's because I put the 1.5" wheel spacers on it to see what it would look like but they stuck out way too far.

dont see any pics

Huh? Their posted and working on my computer.

sweet! finally you put those things on. get a shot of the whole truck when you get a chance. btw, they dont look too small at all. how much of a lift do you have?

Looks good Jerry !! The black wheels go well with the black truck.

I have a 3" body lift, 1.75" TT, WP lift shackles and 33"'s for now. I plan on doing a SAS, SOA and run 35"'s which will lift it another 7-8"'s.

I plan on painting the cladding and lower portion of the front bumper black soon and as soon as I get a chance fabricate my rear steel bumper/ swing out tire carrier.

Too many projects, I need to weld on new front cab mounts and get the red show truck so I can start taking it to the shows. Then onto the ball joints and axle shaft seal on the Mounty.

Man I love that set up, your going to love those tires man

Back