• Register Today It's free!

Frost and fogged up windshield

TwiztidRat

Reaction score
City, State
blah
Year, Model & Trim Level
blah blah
Hey guys I notice on my truck all the time when it sits for even an hour the windshield always totally fogs up. This morning it had frost on the window and my other car didn't. I can't seem to find any other topics on this subject.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you're talking about frost on the outside of the glass, i don't have a clue why one car would have it and one not. that doesn't make any sense. if you're talking about frost on the inside of the window it's because you have moisture inside the car. leaky heater core or maybe plugged sun roof drains or bad weather stripping or leaky window. are your carpets damp? (check under the floor mats)

I always have that. Depends of what is the prevalent direction of wind in your area, where is the house related to your car, what is the night time humidity/dew point in your area...
For example, I get frost on north-west parts of my cars (windshield, driver window) when I park them on street overnight.
If you will park on the other side you will get frost on the opposite side.

I meant on the outside. I know this doesn't make sense, but my dad's S10 sits outside with no frost or fog. Go over to mine and the bottom half is covered depending how cold it is out.

Did your Dad use RainX on his windshield? Or maybe a different brand of washer fluid.

Back