Frostbite '11 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Frostbite '11

ugh still in Indy waiting for a load outta here so i can get home!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well then stay with us this time, instead of going off on your own. Thats what you get! :hammer:

That was impatientness of my co-pilot who did not want to sit and wait, this year he's bringing his yota so I'll probably be wheeling with him most of the day.

Well damn this sucks i may not make it after all, There are no loads going to Kansas from Indy right now. so i am forced to have to grab a load to Arkansas. And then try to make my way home from there. :fire:

Well damn this sucks i may not make it after all, There are no loads going to Kansas from Indy right now. so i am forced to have to grab a load to Arkansas. And then try to make my way home from there. :fire:

Crap. :(

well damn this sucks i may not make it after all, there are no loads going to kansas from indy right now. So i am forced to have to grab a load to arkansas. And then try to make my way home from there. :fire:

crap twice!:(

That was impatientness of my co-pilot who did not want to sit and wait, this year he's bringing his yota so I'll probably be wheeling with him most of the day.

Levi you better tell your yota buddy to hang with us!! We wheel as a gruop no loners. we'll even wait for him if need be.lol!:D

i give up on trying to plan anything from now on

every time i do i get screwed :fire:

Tomorrow baby! Its time to make those last minute checks on the rig, and make sure you packed everything you need. Its gonna be a muddy mess, so bring some towels, extra shoes, and clothes. Just in case, cause if you're stuck in the mud, you're the one climbing under there to hook up the straps!

Tomorrow baby! Its time to make those last minute checks on the rig, and make sure you packed everything you need. Its gonna be a muddy mess, so bring some towels, extra shoes, and clothes. Just in case, cause if you're stuck in the mud, you're the one climbing under there to hook up the straps!

Total Self Jink! :p:

Total Self Jink! :p:

I know, I will be doing that several times now that I said something. Good thing its my habit to have them already hooked up and shut in the hatch, and passenger door, lol.

Ok, hitting the road to Wichita for the night, then me and Tiffany will be at Bonnie's at 8. Happy trails!! Don't be late!

Everyone drive safe and looking forward to meeting a few new faces!!! I'll be driving a purty black Limited on 20's:D

I was tryin to make breakfast but it did not happen. Just too much again it. Truck troubles and a bit a bad weather have me at home till I can get it all worked out. Really wanted to see eveyone at breakfast. You all have a good time and take care!

WOW!!! I had a change of plans as I was offered to ride with Jon and I took it!!! I can't say I was exactly dressed for the occasion, but it was worth it!!! It was a pleasure to meet Mark, Joshua(and friend+two dogs), Jon, Jason, Tiffany and Levi. I almost want to go into debt to buy an off-road monster now:D

Had a "butt clinching" moment when Jon went down into a stream and the passenger rear tire decided to go at the same time as the front passenger tire! Jon was able to stop the ex, we looked at each other for a second and I started tugging on the seatbelt so I could get strapped in before it rolled over and the seat belt WOULDN'T MOVE!!! LOL, so we both grabbed the roll cage(thank goodness he had that) and he feathered the gas and by some miracle he got the front swung around without rolling over!!! I give him an A++ in driving!!! :D

I also want to give Jason some props for driving as good as he did with the lack of 4x4! It was a muddy mess and with a few times of needing the strap, he got around good!

Mark, you did a great job too and that winch came in handy!!!

Jon has some pics and vids to post up, but here's what I have from my phone(not much:().

Meeting at Bonnie's Cafe in Gas, KS
0226010852.jpg

On the way to Kansas Rocks
0226010905.jpg

0226010906.jpg

Always smiling:D
0226011023.jpg

Checking out the event, getting ready
0226011032a.jpg

0226011318.jpg

0226010952.jpg

Houston, we have a problem!!! Jason trying to get the 4x4 to work.
0226011032.jpg

Jon, what's crack'n? LOL!!!
0226011332.jpg

All in all it was a great event and I was glad to be a part of it. Looking forward to another time and hopefully those that couldn't make it will be able too!!!

Yup.
Almost rolled it and it scared the begeezus outta me..I'll bet we were teetering on balance for a good 10 seconds. I didn't know what to do so I gave it some gas and the front came around pulling us back upright. Whew, it was a close one.

Videos and pictures.

th_frostbite014.jpg

frostbite017.jpg

th_frostbite007.jpg

Basically it was greasy mud grease slime with some ky on top for good slickness.

I forgot to thank Joel (Limited02) for taking the pictures. He ran the camera today.
Our forum members cleaned up pretty well in the raffle.

Cllint got a conversion il pan and a ring and pinion set, Elessar won 2 beadlock wheels-( buy 2 get 2 free) and a set of dandy looking WARN spotlights. I won a tool bag and a set of ratchet straps.
Lessee, I think I am missing some winnings here
This year they had 2 winches in the raffle, A complete drive line, arb stuff, and several opther choiuce items. Not bad for 1.00 raffle tickets.

Tiffany and Jason came back to the ranch to hang for a while. Had some drinks and that was enough to put us all in a sleepy mood.

I'll have a better post up tomorrow.
It was good to see everyone again. :thumbsup:

Great pic's you guys, jealous as buggery. Glad all went well and a good time was had by all. Safe trip home and I look forward to some more pic's. That bog roll (toilet paper) may have come in handy whilst teetering on the ragged edge hey Jon and Joel?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back