Solved - Frozen overdrive servo cover on a 5R55S transmission. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Frozen overdrive servo cover on a 5R55S transmission.

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

ACJ

Reaction score
City, State
Grant,Mi.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer
Has any body had trouble removing a servo cover on 5r55s that does not move at all I removed snap ring but cover does not move in or out, can't turn it ether :(
It's on a 2003 ford explorer 4x4 with 200.000 + miles with a v code on door

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Remove the bottom pan, and connect a blow gun with compressed air into the opposite side where there's a channel for fluid to go into the servo. The compressed air will push the cover out. Set the PSI to low so that it doesn't blow the cover & fluid across the room.

I tried that but did not work. I have put some liquid wrench for 3 days hoping it will loosen but it is still seized. I was told if the transmission was still on just to start up and put on drive, it would make a mess but it would blow out the cover.
Thanks for advice BrooklynBay

The freeze spray worked, thanks for the great advice from BrooklynBay
Thanks again to the man form NY

I used CRC Freeze Liquefied Gas Spray I got from Carqust

Back