Frustration with turn signal lever | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Frustration with turn signal lever

Looks like it. It works the same as my 07 F150. @peterk9 does your 2017 have intelligent 3 blink?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For me, it wasn't a big deal to get used to it again. I use it all the time for lane changes. My last car didn't have this and I didn't miss it, but I've had cars before that which had it and I adapted. I'm not phased either way, but do prefer it because it's one less thing you need to do and the tactile difference is just fine.

Just to confirm, I do NOT have the intelligent 3-blink on my 2016 Limited. I know this because, well I drive it. Also went to research at Ford.com where I have registered it and it says "This information may not apply to your vehicle" when I research it. Not sure if there is a certain package it came with, but clearly not on my 2016 Limited.

i have the 'intelligent' blinker and one thing i hate is that notch when turning right. find that i'm constantly flashing high beams as the notch is sooo stiff or the lever is too high and should be down an inch or 2

It took me a while to get used to the 2011-2015 style.

i have the 'intelligent' blinker and one thing i hate is that notch when turning right. find that i'm constantly flashing high beams as the notch is sooo stiff or the lever is too high and should be down an inch or 2

I had the same problem, and I simply replaced it. It's a $30 something part, and it takes 15 minutes or so to do.

Being a old codger we all had the original signal levers as habit, even when they were broken and would not stay so we would hold it right?? We just got used to it.
Now this new fangled signal thingy is making us look STUPID till we finally get is turned off. Well just get over it. Every once in a while I still fumble turning on both signals, one after the other till ya get it right but 90 % of the time it's just 3 blink of turn signal that returns to neutral. The fumbling happens less and less. When it does the drivers around you are watching you and giving you space. A good thing. Just keep going down the road............

Being a old codger we all had the original signal levers as habit, even when they were broken and would not stay so we would hold it right?? We just got used to it.
Now this new fangled signal thingy is making us look STUPID till we finally get is turned off. Well just get over it. Every once in a while I still fumble turning on both signals, one after the other till ya get it right but 90 % of the time it's just 3 blink of turn signal that returns to neutral. The fumbling happens less and less. When it does the drivers around you are watching you and giving you space. A good thing. Just keep going down the road............
I recall my parents getting a turn signal kit added to our '51 Chevy. It was strapped to the steering column and was a grey metallic colour with a small green light on it and a small rubber wheel that was held up against the steering wheel. ;)

Peter

Back