FS: Uniden Police Scanner, w/ Software | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

FS: Uniden Police Scanner, w/ Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErickSaint

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Excellent condition. Asking $175 shipped CONUS

Was used for about 3 months, indoors only. I am including everything that came in the original box and the programming software from Butel. I also have an outdoor antenna (also used indoors only) but that may add a couple of bucks for shipping, Most of it breaks down rather small but a few of the parts are a bit big.

This unit can be programmed without the software, but it is far easier with it. Uniden offers a programming app as well but had far less features. Check out the software if you like http://www.butel.nl then click on ARC246. The software is an 8mb download, but I have the legal activation codes, could put the software on disk if you have a dialup. I bought it as an internet download.

Scanner still sells for around $200 on feebay, the software cost $40 and the antenna another $35. Selling because my current living arrangement no longer allows me to have the antenna in the attic, and where I live I really don't get much reception indoors with the stubby. Comes programmed for Milwaukee, But I could do a factory reset if you wish to start from scratch.

DSC00160.JPG

DSC00158.JPG

DSC00159.JPG

Here is a pic of the antenna from http://www.centerfireantenna.com/scan1.html That is the same antenna, my pic turned out pretty bad.

04discone.JPG

Charlie

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
Bump-I have an older model scanner much like this one, they are very nice. Highly recommended that if you don't have a scanner you get one!

Whoever gets this will be happy with the setup!

ErickSaint

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I is a very good scanner, it's a good seller for Uniden, but my house must be lined in lead under the siding. Since I had to take down the big antenna receive has dropped in half. I will be getting another one sooner or later, but will have to wait until I move.

After reading through my post again it seems I forgot the model. It's a Uniden BC246T. Here is a link to the Uniden product page. http://www.uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=BC246T&filter=TrunkTracker

Status
Not open for further replies.