Ft Worth TX PIU's at Dana Safety supply install center | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ft Worth TX PIU's at Dana Safety supply install center

Mikey*TX

Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ST Star White
IMG_20200504_081708.jpg
IMG_20200504_084703.jpg

The push bumper with PIT attachments is by Weston.
IMG_20200504_081816.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very interesting Mike. Thank you.👍

Peter

Two words... Holy ****

Notice the large X brace in the rear section. I'll bet none of our civilian Explorers have that. Also, the Weston P/B with the PIT wrap arounds have four 2" dia reinforcement pins that attach to the frame behind the nose clip. I will try and get back up there tomorrow and get better pictures of them. To install them, the installer has to take a hole saw to the t nose clip. That is then slid over the posts with the push bumper and PIT bars attached. When these are rotated out of service at the 100K point, those four holes will have 2" push plugs inserted before they go to the auction. Having seen first hand what all is modified during the set up, there is no way in he*l I'd buy one used. The interior will have all kinds of holes drilled in it for the anti kick panels over the windows plus the modifications to install the prisoner transport cage in the second row seating area.

:) If you have little children, the anti kick bars over the windows will fit the civilian models ......... ;)

Notice the large X brace in the rear section. I'll bet none of our civilian Explorers have that. Also, the Weston P/B with the PIT wrap arounds have four 2" dia reinforcement pins that attach to the frame behind the nose clip. I will try and get back up there tomorrow and get better pictures of them. To install them, the installer has to take a hole saw to the t nose clip. That is then slid over the posts with the push bumper and PIT bars attached. When these are rotated out of service at the 100K point, those four holes will have 2" push plugs inserted before they go to the auction. Having seen first hand what all is modified during the set up, there is no way in he*l I'd buy one used. The interior will have all kinds of holes drilled in it for the anti kick panels over the windows plus the modifications to install the prisoner transport cage in the second row seating area.

The 5th gen had the same X brace. There are several members who removed the 3rd row on their civilian model and installed the brace. Pictures and steps are posted in the 5th gen forum.

IMG_20200513_151134.jpg

Pop out plug for the small LED strobes. There is one on the left side too. Both come from the factory with the harness in place.
IMG_20200513_151201.jpg

And, even the PIU's have the dummy cover for the non existent tow eye collar in the front bumper. lol
IMG_20200513_151251.jpg

Notice the trim piece above the camera does not have EXPLORER stamped into it. It is removable. Benny should be able to order it for any that are wanting it.
He will need the following vin:
IMG_20200513_151542.jpg

Great thread - thx for the pics!

Any chance you can provide photos of the 2nd row seat mounting points? Trying to see if the 2nd row seats from a 2020 would fit in the previous generation 2016-2019

Back