• Register Today It's free!

Fuel computer

kevin p

Reaction score
City, State
Telford Shropshire England
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4.o sohc
I miss not having a fuel computer on my Ex. I've just found 2 devices called TURBOGAUGE 3 or SCANGAUGE 2.
Gonna ask my wife for one for xmas pressie.
They have a fuel computer and the ability to read trouble codes and loads of other info.
Do a search on you tube and see them in action.
Kev.

p.s. be interested if anyone has used one and which is best.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi the last thing i want on my explorer is a fuel computer it would only make me cry. cheers chris

LOL Chris
Some members have been enquiring about a code reader and these seem to give alot of info including idle, tps, bhp, volts, maf etc etc.
Kev.

Hi Kevin

you will not get the information out of a 1997 explorer to drive either one of these tools (I know I tried!) as the PCM does not support all the data :(

I would save your money (for petrol):p:

cheers

Jim

Thanks for the reply Jim.
Does the fuel computer part function? I've got a scan tool so I'm not bothered by that part.
Kev.

problem is with the OBD2 functions of the 1997 explorer will not send information on fuel usage to the scan tool, if you do a search on the forum many have tried to get more out of the scan tools and have been disapointed.

I bought a pucka version of scantool 2 for my 1997, very disapointed, now I use a £14.99 scan tool from ebay to read and reset codes

cheers

Jim

Done search on forums Jim. Seems strange a bloke with a 96 says his works.
Alot of people say the 97 is a '******* year' and a few functions of the ECU were deleted!!
Thanks anyway.
Kev.

I miss not having a fuel computer on my Ex. I've just found 2 devices called TURBOGAUGE 3 or SCANGAUGE 2.
Gonna ask my wife for one for xmas pressie.
They have a fuel computer and the ability to read trouble codes and loads of other info.
Do a search on you tube and see them in action.
Kev.

p.s. be interested if anyone has used one and which is best.
got turbogauge for my 2000 explorer works ok. chapter 5 in quick start guide says to to get the most lhp (liters per hundred kilometers) it has to be highest reading, i think it may be a mistake. otherwise it works great the scan tool function is great and the cd has a full list for all makes of codes. the inlaw is going to buy a used car so will scan it for codes before he buys. will only work if vehicle has OBDII compliant on car info sticker. if it doesnt work on your vehicle can use on others as its a two second job to plug it in

Back