• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Filter???

88PONY

Reaction score
City, State
Nutley NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Sport
Stupid question, but I can't find my fuel filter on my 92 Sport. I see something that looks like it, but it has braided lines going to it not the plastic lines with the clips. I got the new filter and it comes with these clips. Any help?

Thanks ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Under the driver's door, and yes it has braided lines attached. You will need the special Ford AC/fuel disconnect tools to get the lines off. The tool can be found at any auto parts store and the procedure is found in the Chilton's and Haynes manuals.

Thanks, but I tried getting the lines off the th A/C fuel tools I have and they don't fit. Kinda stupid design to me.

there are differnt sized ones... there isnt 1 universal size

I have different sized ones. I just can't get it around the base of the filter and the line.

Ya gotta just keep workin' it. Once ya get it off, you'll marvel at how easy it was. Some tools work better than others. The hell of it is, the next time you have to do it (couple of years), you'll forget how easy it was and start swearin' all over again. Be careful not to get gas in your eyes when she pops free.

I find my metal tools works best on the fuel lines and my plastic tools work best on the A/C. Go figure. They are a PITA! :eek: The trick is getting the tool under the spring. If they've been on there a long time, rust can form and make it difficult to remove.

Back