• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Filter

Yng_pnk

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie Bauer
somehow when i was taking off the old fuel filter one end broke off in the fuel line, doesn anyone know how i would pull it out of the line?

It broke right at the ring in the middle of the filter nipple on the inlet side, and i have no idea how to get it out, the ring split in half and thisis basically what it looks like
http://home.attbi.com/~phirephox/untitled.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gee that sucks.....can you grab it with a set of needle nose pliers or some vise grips? whatever you decide to try use either your other hand or a set of vise grips to hold the braided line in place so you dont rip it off the metal fuel lines

Its really far back in there, its too far in the line to reach with pliers.

maybe you can somehow stop fuel flow & cut off that braided part of the line and just buy that new

do you have the fuel line disconnect tool? if you do, that may be able to still disengage the little clip and release that part.......

I have the tool i used it to get it completely off, the retainer clip is also out of the quick disconnect. but the broken end is still in the fuel line? but its flush with the back of the disconnect and i cant get a grip on the broken part.

Back