• Register Today It's free!

fuel float part number -- help!

ralphwiggum

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
hey, my local dealer says that they don't sell the brass float for the sending unit. does anyone know the part number/how I could find out, or even where else I could get one? Thanks! I need to save some $ !!!

Couldn't tell you the part number, can't seem to find my Chiltons manual at the moment. Not sure if it is listed in there or not. Can you just fix the one that you have? After you take precautions to get all the gas out of the old one,could you just possibly soldier the offending hole or seam closed?
Disclaimer: Any advise offered is advise, and I am not responsible for actions of others using my ideas or advise.
I am getting ready to dive into my tank soon also, been running for 3 years with no fuel guage. I have gotten a new pair of rear springs and figure I would drop the tank while I have it in the air.
Mark

I lost my fuel gage a while ago and I just decided to replace the whole sending unit. I would have hated to drop the tank just to replace the float, and have my pump go out on me a month later. My truck is a 92 with 138k miles on it.

jakerot

Back