Fuel Gauge Problem | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Gauge Problem

[MENTION=61846]High_Order1[/MENTION]: It seemed to resolve itself somehow. It's been working flawlessly for the past maybe 6 months or so without any issues, so I don't know what's causing it (or what caused it). I didn't do anymore troubleshooting because it literally has not done the drop to E thing at all anymore. I'm not sure what the cause could've been, but it seems to be behaving itself for the time being so I figured I'd just let the sleeping dog lie haha

Before when it used to happen, it wouldn't take 10 minutes though. It would basically seem to take a different amount of time each time. Like I'd fill it up with gas and then start the car, it'd be fine. As soon as I put it in Drive and start moving, it'd just drop down constantly. Or like it'd be good after i start it up after work, and then after driving maybe 1/2 mile or so, it'd just drop to E randomly.

Maybe one thing to note is that at first, it would drop to E and then stay there until I restarted the engine. Towards the end (right before it started behaving), if it'd drop to E, it would basically fix itself. Like I'd start moving and it'd drop to E; then after a few minutes of driving, it would go from E to the correct fuel level again and stay there showing the correct levels. And I literally just did a 400 mile trip yesterday from Buffalo, NY back to NYC and the whole time, it was behaving. It didn't drop to E at all during the trip.

Back