• Register Today It's free!

fuel guage HELP!!!!!!

tootall_54

Reaction score
City, State
Worthington,IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
92' XLT
Past year I have had fuel gauge problems with it not working i had currently replaced the sending unit and power probed all the wired leading from the sending unit to the gauge..we tested the gauge and found out it was bad but tonight I replaced the gauge cluster and everything else is now working but still no gas gauge any ideas?????

If you used a used gauge, it might be bad as well. Look at the printed circut sheet on the back of the cluster. There may be a short or burnt spot on it or something is just not touching right. Check the connectors for the cluster I have had a few issues there too.

I replaced the sending unit in my bronco. After a day, the connection came apart in the tank and the gauge no longer works. I just have not gotten around to dropping the tank again:mad:

thanks i done some thinking today and was thinking about how the cluster might be bad but I was also thinking about the connector on the back of the cluster because it seems that none of the gauges on the left side (fuel,temp,oil,amp) are all doin funky thinks

Back