Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey guys,
In an attempt to get my fuel system back up to par due to power loss and possible rust contamination causing it (pulled fuel filter, fuel of dirty fuel and ran better after change) I ordered a new tank and pump. I am also considering getting my injectors cleaned- especially seeing the cost of replacing with new! A google search pulled up a product off runrite.com that seemed nice- but I cannot buy that anywhere. Anyone know of a good kit I can look at? The runrite.com kit connected to the fuel test rail and I had to turn off the truck’s fuel pump which I liked. This way I knew a full detergent cleaned and not just a mixture like the gas tank kind. Let me know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Excuse my noobie-ness on this topic, but OTC means over the counter, yes? If not, what's it mean. Do you know the cost? Also, do you have a link to the kit you use?

Don't know if you want to do this, but my friend did his mom's firebird by pulling off the injectors and letting them sit in carb cleaner.

Ohhhh OTC must be northern. Never heard of them!

Colintrax- I would but I don't know how to pull them

Back