• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Fuel Injector service recommendation

Car 54

Reaction score
City, State
Lutz, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
My Ex is at the dealer right now getting some warranty work done and the SA calls me to let me know the 15k mile fuel injector cleaning is recommended. Seriously? Is this normal? I've never heard of that frequent interval on my German cars. What do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

VinceL

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Seems a bit early to me, especially with the detergent ridden fuels we have these days. But hey, I'm no expert :)

Of course, if they are offering to do it for free... ;)

GWA1

Reaction score
City, State
New Castle, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited AWD
My Ex is at the dealer right now getting some warranty work done and the SA calls me to let me know the 15k mile fuel injector cleaning is recommended. Seriously? Is this normal? I've never heard of that frequent interval on my German cars. What do you think?
Never heard of it at 15k. 30 maybe. Me thinks dealer money want.

Car 54

Reaction score
City, State
Lutz, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
No free lunch for this service. Also recommending an in-cabin microfilter. These are things that I usually see at 30k and sometimes per year.

GWA1

Reaction score
City, State
New Castle, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited AWD
No free lunch for this service. Also recommending an in-cabin microfilter. These are things that I usually see at 30k and sometimes per year.
Just looked in owners guide and in cabin filter change is 20k