fuel injector upgrade question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fuel injector upgrade question

When I finally put in my BBK supercharger, I am considering upgrading to 24# or better fuel injectors. I'm a little hazy on this subject, so could someone tell me if I can still use the stock fuel pressure regulator with the BBK FMU setup and UPGRADED injectors or do I need to buy an adjustable FPR to match the pressure for the upgraded injectors? I'm very confused. Yes I've searched. Maybe another question I have is could someone explain the function of an FMU versus a FPR. I know the FMU responds to boost, but does it increase fuel pressure, or volume?

The BBK FMU piggybacks through the stock FPR (basically just different names) and is adjustable for other mods you may do.

You'll need a new MAS with new injectors, I recommend the ProM from EE.

would the BBK fuel regulator setup work without the supercharger?

the 19# injectors are good up to 240HP if I remember right, then you need 24#. Also you can have your MAS re-flashed for the 24#'ers or just use a 24# MAS from Ford (Mustang, 5.0?)

I could use a little more fuel pressure or at leas the abilityo to dial it in.....

The FMU is a generic unit that you can use N/A I believe.

I'm still running the stock injectors, but have the new MAS and injectors ready to go in.

410, if you want more fuel pressure then just get an adjustable regulator to replace the stocker. the FMU boosts fuel pressure as a ratio compared to boost like 1 extra pound of pressure for 1 extra pound of boost (example). if you dont have boost running to the FMU its not gonna up pressure.

Back