Fuel line quick disconnect fitting broken | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel line quick disconnect fitting broken

My 2001 Ranger has 3 different quick connects going to the fuel filter.
I broke the GREEN plastic clip, following the vague instructions on YouTube.

1 white plastic clip on the engine side. This one pries out. Easy to find replacements.

Push these down. There is a special tool to remove them.
1 plastic connect with GREEN plastic locking clip on fuel tank side. Ford does not sell a replacement.
1 plastic connect with ORANGE plastic locking clip on fuel tank side. Ford does not sell a replacement.

I broke the green clip. The Ford dealer told me that I needed to buy a new fuel line for $130. A car mechanic friend on a motorcycle website posted a photo of the same connector and clip. He pulled out the green clip and mailed it to me. It fit right in and the fuel line clicked togehter. No problems.

I have ordered what I hope are spares.
S.U.R. & R. parts. KP030 should replace the green 3/8" connector. $9 to 11 for 2.
S.U.R. & R. parts. KP040 should replace the green 5/16" connector. $9 to 11 for 2.
Google KP040 and KP030.
If these connectors do not look correct, I will update this post.

This is the connector my friend salvaged the green clip from.

2012-10-29_10-17-44_216.jpg
Did the KP030 and KP040 look like the right clips?

I can confirm that the "S.U.R. & R. parts. KP030" does replace the green 3/8" connector. The color of the piece was actually yellow, but I was able to chisel it out and then pop it back into the one on my truck and was back in business. I have an extra one for spare or pm me if you want to get it for a discounted price.

Help

I have the same problem in my explorer 2001 v6, i put the rubber hose in the metal line, but is safe?? what are the pressure of the fuel pump?? i have fear about that because the exhaust are very near of the rubber fuel line. i put 2 clamps in the filter and 2 clamps in the metal line.

regards
I did a little research and there is a product called Gates Barricade fuel hose which is legal to use in all states, California, because the"barricade" seals better than the standard rubber hose.

Back