fuel line repair gen 1 94 specific ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fuel line repair gen 1 94 specific ?

smegun

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xlt
looking for the best way to repair a fuel line im at the quick connect which I believe is the line going from the fuel pump to filter I want to replace the the quick connect and a short section connecting the braided line to the pump need a link having problems visualizing a suitable connection to the nipple on the pump with the braided section of hose it seems like 1/4 inch under the braid but I don't know what to expect here

I see nylon repair kits but even if it fits over the quick connect how do I segment the braided part

hard to find just that segment I know about how to disconnect the quick connect and I have done the back seat access panal job already its my second pump and third time at bat I got a crimp at the nipple that I need to get rid of

9110171_nda_800063_pri_larg.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What?
If you strip back the metal weave you will see nylon fuel line that can be spliced or repaired with the above pictured repair kits.
What is the question exactly?
Also this thread is about confusing without pictures.
Try to be more clear, help us help you

looks bent or crimped sure underneath that metal braid on an original 94 exp that its a nylon based tube ?

right I need some kind of quick connect with a tube of some type and joiner or I have to replace the whole line

want to at least change the one from the tank to the filter the quick fit no one has the tubing in around me ...duh like the have the fittings but no tubing

Back