• Register Today It's free!

Fuel pump blues.

kpkrull

Reaction score
City, State
deatsville alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 eddie bauer
hey now everybody ! i got a problem maybe someone can give me an answer. i have a 1993 explorer eddie bauer. the truck stopped running like it ran out of gas. did all the diagnostics, fuel pump relay, inertia switch, fuel pump fuse, ect ect, and everything points to a bad fuel pump. well i have replaced the fuel pump, and still no fuel...... checked relay, fuses, and inertia switch again, still nothing. any ideas? could my new fuel pump possobly be bad?

Can you here the pump run for a second or two when you turn the ignition on?

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 91-94 section. Did you check the PCM relay? Do you see a check engine light when you turn the ignition key?

In addition to BrooklyBay's suggestions to check for power to the PCM:
did all the diagnostics, fuel pump relay, inertia switch, fuel pump fuse, ect ect, and everything points to a bad fuel pump.
May I ask how you tested these? Does the fuel pump relay close when you ground the test connector (short end of the trapezoid in the self-test connector)? Do you have +12 V at the fuse? When the relay is closed, do you have 12 V at the inertia switch? at the fuel pump connector? did you check the fuel pump's ground?

Back