Fuel Pump Replacements Parts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Pump Replacements Parts?

N2bnfunn

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer
I have 95 Ford Explorer 4.0 4 door (American made) I need to replace the fuel pump, I found the fuel pump at Naap or Auto Zone, but I can NOT find
the sending fuel pump assembly they only carried the sending assembly units for Mexico built models? or they do not sell assembly and pump together?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well the first link you posted that is for the mexico version that second link you posted that is just the assembly only not the pump and the assembly.

well the first link you posted that is for the mexico version that second link you posted that is just the assembly only not the pump and the assembly.
The first is a standard replacement fuel pump.
The second one has the pump already installed in it.

don't bother replacing the sending, you take it apart and fit the cheap $25 pump in there. been doing it for years and they work fine and its cost effective. takes 10 minutes to rebuild. actually when you buy the aftermarket you are buying a chinese piece of junk sending unit so better to keep your original and only put the chinese pump in there. less aftermarket crap in your ex the better.

don't bother replacing the sending, you take it apart and fit the cheap $25 pump in there. been doing it for years and they work fine and its cost effective. takes 10 minutes to rebuild. actually when you buy the aftermarket you are buying a chinese piece of junk sending unit so better to keep your original and only put the chinese pump in there. less aftermarket crap in your ex the better.

Well I don't think that is nothing wrong with the sending unit since the fuel gauge does work so I will just replace the fuel pump, I just thought since I had it down to replace both but thanks for your insght information.

Back