• Register Today It's free!

fuel pump

coombs

Reaction score
City, State
cape breton nova scotia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xl
97 x sohc i dont know if its the fuel pump or not. a few days before it wouldnt start it would stall then re-start and take longer to start then the other day wont start.so i figured it was the fuel pump, so i dropped the tank took the fuel pump out and powered it up it did come on but sounded really weak. so is it possible that it is too week to send gas to the motor and thats whay my truck wont start? if not some one please point me in the rite direction , i checked all the fuses there is not a bit of pressure under the hood when i checked thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check fuel pressure first

check it where under the hood or cause when the key is on and i check it on the lil valve under the hood there is nothing

Is the fuel pump back in the truck right now? If it is I would definitely check the fuel pressure like mentioned. To check the pressure just get a fuel pressure gauge which screws onto the schrader valve on the fuel rail. You pressed down on the schrader valve though, and no gas came out? When you turn the key on can you hear the fuel pump prime? Have you tried turning the key on and off a few times to build pressure? When you dropped the tank all the gas in the lines was emptied so it may take the fuel pump a few seconds to build pressure.

yeah i did that turned the key a few times and still nothing so iam going today and getting a fuel pump with one from a 95 or 96 fit i was going to take the whole tank . i guess that my last option if all my fuses are good must be the fuel pump? lol

Back