fuel tank connection ???

brianoats

Reaction score
City, State
Plainville, Ma.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
Hello,

I need to ask this again on this forum hoping someone can answer.

On a 1995 Explorer, can someone please tell me how to separate the connection
of the fuel fill hose to fuel tank. If this connection has prongs,
there seems to be no way to slip a tool in there. Thanks...

Also could someone tell me how to post a pic. in this thread.

I Googled your question and what I found were instructions for a '96. IDK if a '95 would be the same. I know the later models used simple screw-type hose clamps.

Quote: The fittings for the fuel filler have retainers that must be pulled out of the fitting. They are almost like a huge version of the old-style plastic "hairpin" fuel line clips. They can be a real joy! I usually use a metal hook to get under them and pull them out. Once they are pulled out, you will still probably need to push the fittings with a pry bar to get them to move because the O-rings like to get stuck. Once the O-rings let loose the thing will simply pop off.

Below is the link. There's a diagram near the bottom.
http://www.justanswer.com/ford/7jkms-explorer-96-ford-explorer-removal-filler-hose-vent.html

Thanks for your great response. It seems that my 1995 is different from the 96'.
Completely different in fact. My connection has 2 plasic tabs sticking out that are so close to the hose fitting and the tank that they cannot move in , out, front or back. Thanks again for responding...

Back