• Register Today It's free!

Fues Issue!! Or ???

Kevin Kuiper

Reaction score
City, State
Eustis, Fla
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
I am having an issues with My Horn, Air Bag, Cruise Control and Light that Lights up the Cruise in the Steering Wheel.. None Work, and the Air Bag Light is on in the Inst. Panel...

I Thought about a Fues, BUT can NOT find the Diagram that tells what Fues is Were???

Can ANY one Please Help???

ThankX!!!!!

Kevin

96 Explorer 2WD V8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This may sound weird, but remove the cover on the steering wheel. If you have the same as I had in my '92, there is a lead weight attached inside by rubber grommets. In mine, the rubber grommets broke and the weight started flopping around inside the wheel as I turned. This, in turn (no pun intended), tore the bejesus out of the wiring inside the wheel to the cruise control. I tossed the lead weight out and repaired the wires.

I didn't have the airbag in the wheel, so yours may be different, but I'd take a look anyway.

Kevin Kuiper said:
I am having an issues with My Horn, Air Bag, Cruise Control and Light that Lights up the Cruise in the Steering Wheel.. None Work, and the Air Bag Light is on in the Inst. Panel...

I Thought about a Fues, BUT can NOT find the Diagram that tells what Fues is Were???

Can ANY one Please Help???

ThankX!!!!!

Kevin

96 Explorer 2WD V8

Just to clarify.. Your cruise, horn don't work and your air bag light on the dash is on? Sounds like a issue with the GEM/PCM module.

More likely that your clock spring is "sprung"...:).... this provides the connection path from your column / steering to your dash. Search on it and you will likely find lots of stuff related to your issues.

GEM/PCM module. ???????? Were is this and how do I fix it??

More likely that your clock spring is "sprung"...:).... WHAT??? Were and What do I do??

I Am Considering selling My Explorer, Is this worth messing with??

Back