• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

285ferrari

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport - Darth Vader
Hey 285ferrari,

For the rear emblem where did you purchase yours? I was able to get the front installed today and it looks bad ass! I have been searching for the rear 7" but all I can find it the overlays, I want a complete emblem that doesn't show the chrome if you know what I mean.
I ordered both from this seller on Ebay--He sent the correct front one, but the wrong back one. I am awaiting the correct rear emblem to put on. Right now, I have no emblem back there. Very good communication with this seller. Fast shipping. The front emblem looks awesome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d01d07de

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Stator

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport Black
Just placed my order from that link you gave me,
Thanks again my friend, I'll post some pictures when the back is installed. Still can't get over how good the front looks blacked out!

LIrican

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
I haven't heard from the previous seller I used.

I did just place an order for white emblems for a friends edge.

I'll let you know quality once they arrive.

Stator

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey Ferrari,

Where did you get your rear 7" from? I have ordered mine from the same seller that sold me my 9" on eBay and both times he sent me the wrong emblem. I need one that has the pins that will line up and with a sticky backing. Currently I'm driving around with no rear logo. :thumbdwn:

Ferrari, I just realized I ordered my emblems from the same seller, looks like he is seeing out the wrong emblems. How is the battle going did you get the right one yet?

285ferrari

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport - Darth Vader
Hey Ferrari,

Where did you get your rear 7" from? I have ordered mine from the same seller that sold me my 9" on eBay and both times he sent me the wrong emblem. I need one that has the pins that will line up and with a sticky backing. Currently I'm driving around with no rear logo. :thumbdwn:

Ferrari, I just realized I ordered my emblems from the same seller, looks like he is seeing out the wrong emblems. How is the battle going did you get the right one yet?
Just filed a complaint thru Ebay on him, he sent me the wrong ones also. I apologize for recommending him, after getting the fronts I figured the rears were no problem. I sent my wrong ones back and have been waiting for 20 days for the correct ones. He has promised me 5 times now, that the rear ones will be sent.

285ferrari

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport - Darth Vader
Hey Ferrari,

This is the latest message from him - - Dude has issues for sure. I am going to call my credit card company and do a chargeback against him.

From the very start i went special to the dealer to get the right parts, then they were wrong, i am doing more and they are not done, so i dont know why you think i treat all customers this way, i dont, i went the extra mile and was not given the right part, if you have rear camera where the hell is it, i have the bezel here and the parts fit right in, they will ship in a few days,i am not going to rush and have them messed up and more trouble, sorry for your hassle, Tim thanks"

LIrican

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
What's the name of the seller?

I just got my white emblems I ordered not without a little headache but they did come.

bhazard1

Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 F150
I ordered from that guy as well and this is what I did.

1. Remove emblem assembly from vehicle
2. Remove Tin overlay from assembly use a heat gun or blowdryer. it is like a hot glue adhesive and comes of not bad with heat. i used a pair of needle nose to grab the tin and started rolling it off.
3. Remove excess glue using heat gun and flat tool like a screwdriver or utility knife
4. Install new tin overlay on the assembly using double sided tape that is already installed
5. Remove double sided tape on the back of assembly and use goo gone to fully clean off then install new 3M double sided tape
6. Stick on and admire.

i admit it was a bit of work to do it but better than dealing with him on a return or exchange. Hopefully this helps someone out.

285ferrari

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport - Darth Vader
What's the name of the seller?

I just got my white emblems I ordered not without a little headache but they did come.
Ebay username - - downatthebuilding

Stator

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I ordered from that guy as well and this is what I did.

1. Remove emblem assembly from vehicle
2. Remove Tin overlay from assembly use a heat gun or blowdryer. it is like a hot glue adhesive and comes of not bad with heat. i used a pair of needle nose to grab the tin and started rolling it off.
3. Remove excess glue using heat gun and flat tool like a screwdriver or utility knife
4. Install new tin overlay on the assembly using double sided tape that is already installed
5. Remove double sided tape on the back of assembly and use goo gone to fully clean off then install new 3M double sided tape
6. Stick on and admire.

i admit it was a bit of work to do it but better than dealing with him on a return or exchange. Hopefully this helps someone out.
Where did you purchase the emblem?

Stator

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
This is the latest message from him - - Dude has issues for sure. I am going to call my credit card company and do a chargeback against him.

From the very start i went special to the dealer to get the right parts, then they were wrong, i am doing more and they are not done, so i dont know why you think i treat all customers this way, i dont, i went the extra mile and was not given the right part, if you have rear camera where the hell is it, i have the bezel here and the parts fit right in, they will ship in a few days,i am not going to rush and have them messed up and more trouble, sorry for your hassle, Tim thanks"

My email back from him was an exact duplicate of that email, this guy is no good. I'm stuck with a great looking emblem but no way to attached it. How did you resolve yours?

285ferrari

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport - Darth Vader
My email back from him was an exact duplicate of that email, this guy is no good. I'm stuck with a great looking emblem but no way to attached it. How did you resolve yours?
He has "assured" me the correct emblems are in the mail and sent me a tracking number yesterday. Delivery shows for Friday, so I will wait and see what he sent me and go from there. In the meantime, I have opened a dispute case with eBay.

Stator

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
He has "assured" me the correct emblems are in the mail and sent me a tracking number yesterday. Delivery shows for Friday, so I will wait and see what he sent me and go from there. In the meantime, I have opened a dispute case with eBay.
Ok my friend, keep me updated on the emblem.

I asked him to send me the same emblem as he did with the front 9" that had a nice sticky backing and fit perfectly. But in a 7" for the rear, I just emailed him again.

bhazard1

Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 F150
Where did you purchase the emblem?
ebay from downatthebar or something like that. Save yourself the hassle and do as I described and then you'll have your rear emblem on in no time. Take the blue tin off and put the black tin on.

285ferrari

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Sport - Darth Vader
Finally received my rear emblem. He sent an outer cover that tapes to your existing emblem. It's better than nothing, but not really what I expected. It does not cover the factory emblem 100%, so you can see around the outer edge a bit.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Finally received my rear emblem. He sent an outer cover that tapes to your existing emblem. It's better than nothing, but not really what I expected. It does not cover the factory emblem 100%, so you can see around the outer edge a bit.
That was mentioned in post #2 and I believe other members have used this same overlay as well.

Peter

bhazard1

Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 F150
You wouldn't have that issue if you peeled the emblem off per my post. Fits perfectly if you remove the blue cover and install his.

LIrican

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
Some black vinyl hides the chrome as well.

trysixty

Reaction score
City, State
PNW
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
what is a rip off is ebay seller downatthebuilding charges almost $100 for front and back and he lies thru his teeth when questioned about the emblems.

A can of plastidip is lot better IMO, if you don't know it is a Ford you shouldn't be driving it. :eek:

If the people who see the car don't know it is a Ford without seeing the emblems, too bad. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Full Throttle hesitation - PIU Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
A full led headlights and front grille Ford Explorer 17 Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 20
P Full catback without the drone? 3.5 NA Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 6
B Black "XLT" Letters for liftgate? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
J How to "Sportify"/black out my non sport explorer? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
0 Stainless or black nerf bars? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 10
T Part number/alternate options for PI black wheels? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
SurrealOne 2014 Black Door handles Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
A Explorer Sport Black Red Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 25
S Introducing "Black Beauty" Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
T Base Model Black Door Handle Swap Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 7
C 2015 Black Sport Mods Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 21
3 Black Steering Wheel Emblem Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
SurrealOne Light black out kit? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
3 2015 Explorer with black grille Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
T Black Vinyl decal/Inset on Hood Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
I Black Vinyl sides with pics. Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 16
B Black tailgate panel?? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
L Picture request, sterling grey with black grille Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
peterk9 2014 Black Grill Overlay? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 42
L Black Friday Sales at Livernois Motorsports Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 17
M Matte or Glossy black hood decal? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
G Looking for photo of black Explorer without roof racks Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
txaggie Black out effort complete on my Explorer (with pics) Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 16
I Complete the black band on Sport? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 49
H Liftgate Emblem Update....Black Ecoboost Emblem Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 13
B Black as night Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 118
J Black chrome spray paint Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
B Black Shark Fin on White Sport Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 6
B My Black Emblems for Sport Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 19
txaggie Black-out effort continues on my Explorer (pics) Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 38
T pic of silver 2011 and up explorer with black grille ? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 21
bodybump Finally!!! My 2013 Ford Explorer "BLACK EDITION"!!! Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 68
W Any Explorers with DeeZee Black/Chrome trim boards... Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
B all black emblems installed Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 18
B Black Horse Bull Bar installed! Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
M pictures of your 2011-12 black explorer w / upgrades Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 54
are6rider 2015 Ford Explorer Stock Speaker Upgrade - Sony System Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 20
G Installation of Power running boards on my ford explorer 2015 XLT Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
G 2015 ford explorer XLT Door Unlock Wire Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
A Ford Flex Springs Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
M Ford Explorer Dyno Tips Help Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
D 2013 Ford Explorer Sport “Recommended” upgrades Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
expoman55 Great Job Ford! Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
Ron Bumpus 5Star Tuning now supporting the 2017 Ford Explorer Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 6
A Ford Raptor Grille for Explorer Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 29
F Modifying My New 2017 Ford Explorer Limited Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 25
H Ford explorer sport burnout Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 12
P 2016 base model ford explorer aftermarket dash kit Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 45
A 2014 ford explorer limited chargers! Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 6