Full Electric Ford Explorer coming in 2023 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full Electric Ford Explorer coming in 2023

Electric vehicles are for the most part owned by those who have a home or at least condo. What will those living in high rise or apartments that don't have a garage or the charger installed? Or those who have to part on the street? Before coming home for the evening find a charger and sit for a while or get up a hour or two early to charge?

Actually the goal is to get you out of a car completely. They want you to live close to everything, and walk or take public transit.

This doesn't work for me. I comute 35 miles each way daily. It takes me 35 mins. Only about 1.5 of the miles are street. The rest is all highway. Public transit would take me 2.5 to 3 hrs. each way.

Actually the goal is to get you out of a car completely. They want you to live close to everything, and walk or take public transit.

This doesn't work for me. I comute 35 miles each way daily. It takes me 35 mins. Only about 1.5 of the miles are street. The rest is all highway. Public transit would take me 2.5 to 3 hrs. each way.
Years ago, I thought that was a marvelous plan! But with crime on the subways, etc. and the impossibility of moving large items/quantities of groceries on public transit, I changed my views. And no longer live in a big city where public transit is available. I was so glad I had a car, during these Covid seasons! And the whole walk everywhere thing jades when you get older or less mobile physically.

Gas vs. charging costs - new study:

Or to get you NOT to own a car, UK anyways!
UK Inches Closer To Eliminating Private Car Ownership

Back