Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more

well here starts the 3rd version of my truck, right now the 1ton HP D60 was pulled, and the guy paid me for it, and then i paid for front and rear rockwells

so here is the planned setup for this version

-1992 explorer
-4.0V6 (when the engine goes ill decide what goes in, 350k logged miles and still goin)
-carried over from the last setup, chucks SAS hanger kit, and 12" lift springs, which puts me at 19" for that

whats new:
-Front and rear 2.5 ton REO/Military Rockwell Axles, Ujoint style axles
-4" welded perch/stand in the front
-larger perches in the back to compensate for the smaller springs, also welded
-Oversized Ladder bar setup to eliminate any axle wrap
-crossover steering, with possible later addition of hydraulic ram assist
-36" shocks all around(specifically the pro comp 9000's, but if you do research, they are the exact same as the ranchos minus the rancho sticker)
-Wilwood wheel/Hub brake setup all around, with a soon the be fab'd custom hydraulic/cable hybrid parking brake
-20x10" 7"BS custom Steel rims
-either 12.5R20 or 385/80R20 tires, the first one is 41 tall, and the second one is 46" tall, the lift should clear 46s

-later on down the road it may be 4linked in the rear, but thats another $2k to get done

should :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: people :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

well crap, that sucks, so pretty much be quick to swap in a 2wd tranny into this beast, which would be a waste of time and money if i wanna 302 later, which means i still gotta fork out the $140 to get this damn driveshaft redid

waiting to hear back from a guy, but if i can get another front cheap enough, may be front and rear steer, but nothing solid on this yet

ok, nix' ing the rear steer, looks like some vette calipers will be on the truck, and workin on the rear gas tank so i can get that m37 case in there

some random pics for today

bff916ee.jpg

5bcbc97d.jpg

a9fb4b87.jpg

9f6a45ab.jpg

133a0ad4.jpg

6369fc3b.jpg

9855d9b7.jpg

0fb42ef6.jpg

52c26973.jpg

1e73b971.jpg

i could not see the before but now i can

its still makin me just want to have mine that big

hey, its all in how much you want something in life, motivation and dedication is the key (along with some hard earned cash, that helps too)

yay, got my driveshafts i ordered, the stock deuce driveshafts, $130 shipped from new mexico compared to two driveshafts locally from a certain 4x4 shop that would be $300 out the door

Image806.jpg

Image805.jpg

Image804.jpg

the damn bumper just commited suicide and couldnt take it anymore :) , anyone recognise the new bumper ? :) , it looks like the truck is smiling at me now, gotta work on the brackets to bring it back down, gotta trim here and there cause of that damn crossmember

oh yeah, stock bumper and grill push bumper are for sale, just make me a reasonable offer and shameless plug reminder that i have the brand new 31" spare tire for sale also

heh, too lazy to take that little chunk off, plus its an old throwback to your truck :) , jk around

Why does that front axle not look centered to me?

i was going to ask the same thing.
EDIT: nm, he says he has the pass side wheel on backwards.

Oh, I thought something didn't look right!

the reason it is on backwards come to find out is that the offset of that dually wheel is 10 inches, and with that steering arm i need to be 8 or less, gotta remember, these axles were never meant to have a crossover steering arm like that

what about a hydro steering would that make it better???

just make it so i could do one finger turning and prolly take a little strss off the steering box

full foot notch said:
the reason it is on backwards come to find out is that the offset of that dually wheel is 10 inches, and with that steering arm i need to be 8 or less, gotta remember, these axles were never meant to have a crossover steering arm like that

Or a drag link angle that steep!

Back