• Register Today It's free!

full tune help

db003

Reaction score
City, State
long beach ,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994ford explorer limited
I have a 1994 ford explorer limited I came to this site for some advice about my explorer I have a friend that said if I get all the parts he would do a major tune up for me for a 130 dollars and I would have to get all the stuff for the full tune up but what do I need to get? if some one could give me a list of all the things I need for a full tune up that would be great I don't know much about cars

I know I need oil spark plugs and wires fuel and oil filter but I don't know what else I need I just want to make sure I get everything since I am paying for it to get done

That seems high for friend prices...

I'd say that tuneup should include changing of all fluids (as long as you buy them). If yours is a 4x4 that would be front & rear differential, transmission, transfer case, coolant, power steering, engine oil and most importantly windshield washer fluid :D

Aside from spark plugs & wires, he should do a KOEO & KOER test to ensure there's no issues the computer knows about. Then, clean the MAF, change PCV, new air filter, new heater & radiator hoses, new serpentine belt (check the pulleys too), clean the throttle body, jack the front end up and check suspension & steering parts (ball joints, radius arm bushings, steering linkage), check front & rear brakes (maybe bleed them too)...

That's about all I can think of for now. I doubt you'll get your friend to do ALL of that but that's what I would do if it were a new-to-me vehicle.

Back