• Register Today It's free!

Full tune up and cruise help

pathwayus

Reaction score
City, State
wnc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Blue Explorer
So am going to be taking my x on a 6 to 8 hour road trip one way in a few weeks and thought it would be a good idea to do a full tune up,the plug wires look old the thermostat don't let the motor warm up goes to n then drops and the cruise don't work, and it's right at 3000 miles so time for a oil change to. On the last trip I took it on I got 20mpg I feel if I get the cruise working and the tune up done I can hit 23 or right at it.

My biggest question come to the cruise. I have check the fuse its good replaced the break switch check all the break lights they work and replaced the cruise box under the good still no luck. I see there a air line that runs into cab but can't find it in the cab. Also read there a inline fuse but haven't been able to fined it. Any help would be great thanks.

Also want to say thinks for the help on the other problems there all cleared up this is a great place.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The cruise uses redundant systems to disconnect. You have found the brake light trigger. The other is the hose running from the servo into the cab. That hose goes to the brake pedal. In essence, pressing the brake pedal opens this hose to open air and dumps the vacuum in the servo. The part at the brake pedal is adjustable and probably is not closing fully. It's a very easy fix once you look at it... you push up and down on the part... it kind of clicks in different places, like a friction fit. It is hard to describe but literally a 10 second fix without tools.

Thank you so much that fixed it took me a hole 5 min with test driving it twice to make sure it was adjusted right. Hate that I replaced the other parts but at lest there new :).

The drive will be a lot better now

Back