full width draglink length

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
I am using a D44 from a 78 F-150 and leaving it full width for my solid axle swap. I am wanting to know the length the draglink from people with a simular setup. the tierod and ends will be stock type.
I am wanting to purchase a adj. draglink, The adj.draglink from James duff is 31 3/8" +/- 1 5/8" I am not sure if it is long enough?? and I am wanting a D.O.T. approved link.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try to get it as clost as possible to the length of the trac bar to eliminate jacking :)

I have already bought a adj. trac bar, just trying to prepurchase parts. I have a June 11th deadline to have my SAS complete and on the trail and it is taking longer to get my axles setup than expected, person who was going to do it is have life crisis so I just waited two weeks him and now I am searching for new person :thumbdwn:

Don't really know of anyone out in WA that could do it for you...What parts are you looking for?

I have over 2K in new parts (yukon gears,Arb airlockers,master install kits) sitting next to me, I need a guy to set up my gears. the guy who was going to do it charges $200 per end and is does very good work that why I waited on him, but now it looks like he won't be able to, I have a few other choices but they were not my forst picks.

Ahh that sucks. I've found a guy in my club who knows how to set gears up and is going to help me do my own...maybe try to find a similar guy in one of your local 4x4 clubs?

I know a guy who does circle track and one who drag races that have set up gears but before that I have one more certified mechanic to try for and then I will go to one of them.

Good luck finding someone. Here's a bump for you. :)
EDIT:Could you try the guy who did Dreamr's gears?

I am going to drop my axles off tomorrow :thumbsup: The guy was out of town, now he is back and I should have my axles back by friday :D

Back