FUN with LED's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FUN with LED's

so, Carl has been bored lately cause i've only been packing and **** (were moving to a new house 5 min away)....so i wanted to have fun wit the car, so i bough up a few LED's... gotta love that they finally got purple ones out by us...anyway...heres what i did.

This is a picture of the little slot above my head unit, which holds my bass control knob. At night time, it was dark and you couldn't see anything....so i decided to spice it up...i put 6 LED's in the plastic part...on the sides (took the assembly out and drilled holes). This picture shows the left side...which goes green purple green (led wise) and the other side goes purple green purple (led wise)....lets just say its BRIGHT at night time...lol
Dead Link Removed

This is a new shot of my cupholders. I put in 2 more LED's....i had both cup holders green...and that was buggin me cusae i always go purple green...so i bought a set of purple LED's...and just doubled them up...2 purple led's in the left cup holder, two green led's in the right.
Dead Link Removed

Heres a right side shot of the water bottles in the cup holders (only had small bottles...they do not carry light as well becasue they are not solid on the bottom...they are rigid like the 20 ounce pops if you know what i mean)-
Dead Link Removed

And heres a left side shot of the water bottles in the cup holders -
Dead Link Removed

Enjoy!

Carleton

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looking nice!!

where did u pick up them leds at those are really really bright!

I got them from Murrays

Thanks for the compliments!

Carl

just wondering....what power source are you wiring all these millions of random LED's too?

12V...since they are bought at the local auto stores, they come with built in resistors so you can hook them up directly to your cars electircal system (the reason i use these leds over radioshacks, is for the reason the gren LED's from radioshack are not like a "true green" they appear more yellowish...also, radioshack does not carry purple LED's)

Something else i want to work on, is UV leds...they rock so much!

Carl

hmmm i love the ones in the cup holder thats awesome

how much did those leds run you

10 dollars for 2 (5 bucks a pop...yah, kind of expensive..but i've had a couple of them on everytime i drive at night for about 6 months and neither have crapped out on me yet :) )

Very nice work! The glowing water bottles are very cool.

Is Murray's a regular auto parts store where you are?? I don't think I have one near me. The reason I ask is that I am also looking for some easy to wire, 12V LEDs to use as switch indicators, hopefully in blue. Any advice on where I might find some??

Originally posted by Bmxboy
Something else i want to work on, is UV leds...they rock so much!
Carl
What are those? By definition, UV is out of the visible spectrum so technically you can't see them. Is this a marketing name for some ultra-bright purple LEDs?

I think UV's are just industrial strength blacklights basically, that are used by professionals. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back