Fuse 30 keeps blowing - DEATC ? DRL | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuse 30 keeps blowing - DEATC ? DRL

sharonis3

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Eddie V8, 02 Ltd V8
Passenger compartment Fuse 30 instantly blows when key is turned on...... DEATC Just has display lights lite, but panel is dead.... DRL’s are dead also....

Trying to troubleshoot...
1) can I disconnect DRL module to see if that has a short.....
2) can I disconnect the DEATC to see if that is toast.....
3) anybody have a wiring diagram that shows the wiring after fuse 30..... and what is the “Remote Solenoid referenced as a fuse 30 item....

I will try moving all wires to look for a harness short tonight.....

Any other ideas or similar problems...

2002 V8 Limited.......

Passenger compartment Fuse 30 instantly blows when key is turned on...... DEATC Just has display lights lite, but panel is dead.... DRL’s are dead also....

Trying to troubleshoot...
1) can I disconnect DRL module to see if that has a short.....
2) can I disconnect the DEATC to see if that is toast.....
3) anybody have a wiring diagram that shows the wiring after fuse 30..... and what is the “Remote Solenoid referenced as a fuse 30 item....

I will try moving all wires to look for a harness short tonight.....

Any other ideas or similar problems...

2002 V8 Limited.......

Solved
Pulled the DEATC unit out of the dash and unplugged it completely......

Then put fuse 30 back it.....

It instantly blew.... so then I knew the $1,200 DEATC unit was okay.....that was what I was hoping for.... did not even know if you could get one of these units now....

Next on the list of things on that fuse was the DRL..... this website showed me where the DRL module was....(behind the engine compartment Power Distribution Relay/Fuse box, on the side of the fender)

So I unplugged the module, put fuse in, turned the key and no bright arc from the fuse blowing hard .... So the DRL module is toast....

Put the Dual Electronic Air Temperature Controller back in the dash and the fuse did not pop......So all is good on the 2002 Exploder.

So my daughter now has fan and air conditioner back alive..... she is happy....

Glad you found it!

The DATC can be had $60 at the pick n pull

Back