• Register Today It's free!

Fuse Box for RHD

galleon

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT, RHD
I'm trying to find the fuse box on my 2005 RHD XLT, I have a Haynes manual which shows and refers to it as being under the light switches on the drivers side but on a LHD model. It's not in the same place on my RHD version, I've removed the cover under the steering wheel and cannot see a fuse box, the 16 pin diagnostic socket is there but no fuse box. I've removed the glove box on the passenger side thinking it may be there, but no. Any ideas anyone ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The inside dash fuse box should be easily found and accessed without removing anything except the fuse box cover. Look on the end of the dash for a small cover piece like the 2nd gen's have(95-01's etc).

In the 2nd gen RHD Explorers, much of the wiring is unmoved, except for the dash cluster things which have to be. So look on both sides, in the 2nd gens, it's in the end of the dash(open the door and look right there).

Projectthread102.JPG

The inside dash fuse box should be easily found and accessed without removing anything except the fuse box cover. Look on the end of the dash for a small cover piece like the 2nd gen's have(95-01's etc).

In the 2nd gen RHD Explorers, much of the wiring is unmoved, except for the dash cluster things which have to be. So look on both sides, in the 2nd gens, it's in the end of the dash(open the door and look right there).

View attachment 325460

View attachment 325460
I've seen all the pictures like this that show a small cover under the light switch, on mine there is no small cover on either side. I'll take a couple of pictures and post them.

ok, here are two pictures, one shows the rhs under the steering wheel with the cover removed, no fuse box there. I lay down and put my head under and cannot see a fuse box anywhere, Second picture is lhs with the glove box removed, again no fuse box. Any ideas guys ?

20201215_103224.jpg

20201215_104145 (1).jpg

The fuse box won't be hidden behind any parts that you need to remove.

According to an online search in the 3rd gen Explorers, the fuse box is just under the left side of the dash, looking straight up from underneath. Try again, go to each side and stick your head under the dash, looking straight up. The fuses should be visible there on one of the two sides.

Back