• Register Today It's free!

Fuse For Cruise - 2003 XLT

Captain Marvel

Reaction score
City, State
Snohomish, WA (near Seattle)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
My cruise became erratic (sometimes it would turn on and sometimes it would not) and now it won't turn on at all. I suspect a fuze from what I've read here but I can't tell which fuze is for the cruise. In the owner's manual none of the fuzes are marked either cruise control or speed control. Does anybody know which fuze is for the cruise control on a 2003 XLT?

That sounds more like the switch than a fuse. I looked in my manual and I don't see one either. I live near Seattle as well and I know for a fact that this place has a few of our Explorers. You might be able to get a new switch from them. They pull parts, not you, but they were very reasonable!

Mine did that as well. I replaced the switch that screws into the top of the brake master cylinder and the problem was resolved.

Mine did that as well. I replaced the switch that screws into the top of the brake master cylinder and the problem was resolved.

You are in luck! I have an extra (presumably working, my throttle cable kept falling off) and you live really close! PM me if you are interested, and we can meet!

Back