FUSE ISSUE NEED HELP.... NO Turn signals,radio,power windows or fuel gauge | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FUSE ISSUE NEED HELP.... NO Turn signals,radio,power windows or fuel gauge

Jay Myers

Reaction score
City, State
philadelphia pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
Hi.

I recently purchased a 05 explorer xlt. The turn signals went out so i check fuses and all were good so i replaced the relay under the dash. Before i switched it i could manually make the turn signals work by blinking them myself with the turn signal lever, Afrer switching the relay i have no turn signal light at all. Then the radio went out, fuel gauge and power windows stopped working. When i switched the relay i forgot to unhook the battery but i didn't see any spark when i did it so i don't think i shorted anything but who knows. I have the manual and checked the fuses in the fuse panel for the radio, turn signals, windows and fuek gauge and none are burnt out. So now at this point I'm stuck. I'm assuming it a fuse under the hook in the fuse block but not sure. Anyone have any idea ? Any help would be appreciated ! Thank you !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any luck on this?

Any luck on this?
No luck. no one has replied. I assume its something in the main fuse box under the hood. But i really don't know. do you have the same issue ?

I don’t have the issue.

The ‘02-‘03 have an issue with broken wires in the boot between the drivers door and cab.

But it sounds more like the turn indicator switch assembly is the issue to me.

You say you originally changed the flasher relay under the dash. I am assuming you mean the flasher unit. I would think that if you were able to make the lights flash originally by operating the lever that possibly the new flasher unit is defective. As far as the other issues you have now you might have disturbed something when replacing the flasher or it is just a coincidence.
The last time I had multiple issues such as yours, mice had chewed wires in various locations. I now have set mouse traps under the seats and occasionally catch mice. What a way to live. If I could only find how they get in.

I would think it's possible the flasher unit isn't fully seated, or seated in the wrong spot, causing a loss of circuit which could help explain why you lost everything beyond the flasher unit. Did you try removing and reinstalling it, making sure to seat it fully in the right spot?

I would certainly try that before pouring a bunch of time chasing an electrical ghost. As Donnystoy said, if it's a bad flasher unit, it could cause those problems too.

Hi.

I recently purchased a 05 explorer xlt. The turn signals went out so i check fuses and all were good so i replaced the relay under the dash. Before i switched it i could manually make the turn signals work by blinking them myself with the turn signal lever, Afrer switching the relay i have no turn signal light at all. Then the radio went out, fuel gauge and power windows stopped working. When i switched the relay i forgot to unhook the battery but i didn't see any spark when i did it so i don't think i shorted anything but who knows. I have the manual and checked the fuses in the fuse panel for the radio, turn signals, windows and fuek gauge and none are burnt out. So now at this point I'm stuck. I'm assuming it a fuse under the hook in the fuse block but not sure. Anyone have any idea ? Any help would be appreciated ! Thank you !
I got the same problem with no turn signals, radio, power windows, and fuel gauge not working. All fuses are good. We're you able to figure it out?

Hi.

Got same problem. Did you or anyone figure it out. NEED HELP PLEASE

No luck. no one has replied. I assume its something in the main fuse box under the hood. But i really don't know. do you have the same issue ?
Any luck with issues

Back