Fuse Keeps Blowing Every Time I Turn On The Key. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuse Keeps Blowing Every Time I Turn On The Key.

explorer4x484

Reaction score
City, State
Pocomoke City, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4
Hi I got a 94 ford explorer xlt 4x4 3inch body lift 31/10.50/15 tires. And my turn signal's do not work it keeps blowing the fuse everytime I turn on the key. And when the fuse blows turn signal's are out rear defrosters are out,heater is out,& back up lights are out. Checked all bulbs all work. Can some one plz help me fine out why it keeps blowing fuses? :exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the wiring for areas where the insulation may have been rubbed off. It sounds like you have a direct short somewhere.

BTW: All Caps is NOT necessary

i would start tracing all of your wires in the dash and around your fuse box theres obviously a short in there somewhere.

Mine did the same thing before I installed my body lift then it went away. Gotta be a short time to break out the wiring diagrams.

min did the same thing i went to wallmart and got some auto motive wire and re did eveything that did not work right

<-- agrees with MustangP51. During the lift installation or off-roading activities, something could have damaged a wire causing it to short somewhere. Make sure those wires are protected.

Back